Money Spent On Consumer Goods By The French And The British | Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
The chart below shows the expenditure of two countries on consumer goods in 2010. Here is a band 8 IELTS report on this. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS report sample
The bar chart illustrates the amount of money spent on five different categories by the French and British in 2010. Overall, the British spent more than the French on cars, books and cameras. Both countries spent the most on cars. While the French spent the least on cameras, for the British, the least consumed of these five items was perfume. Both countries spent nearly the same amount on computers.
The British spent more on cars, books and cameras than the French. The British spent 450,000 pounds on cars, and it was 50,000 pounds more than what the French spent on cars. 400,000 pounds were spent on books by the residents of the UK, compared with the 300,000 pounds spent by the French. The most noticeable difference between British and French spending was on cameras. While the British spent 350,000 pounds on cameras, the French spent only 150,000 on this item.
By contrast, the residents of France spent / expended more money on computers and perfume than the British. As for computers, the French spent around 50,000 pounds more than the British. Likewise, the spending on perfume by the French also was more than over 50,000 pounds than the British, with 200,000 pounds and just under 150,000 pounds respectively.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- Task 1 IELTS Report Sample On Consumer Spending In 5 Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS Task 1 Report About Amount Of Money That US Charity Spent And Received
- Number Of Books Borrowed From Four Libraries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Transport Modes In A European City | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and this money could be better spent elsewhere
- The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts And This Money Could Be Better Spent Elsewhere | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 8.5 report
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 | Goods Transported In The UK