Modern Cultures Around The World Have Become Similar | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Modern cultures around the world have become similar as compared to the past. What are the main reasons for it? Is it a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Cultural similarities which did not exist in the past are now evident across the globe. This is because of tourism and the internet revolution. In my opinion, this is a positive development as it saves people from discrimination and increases employment opportunities in many countries.
The world has become more connected due to increase in travel. This is because nowadays, many people travel a lot to different countries and get to know the different cultures around the world, whereas in the past travel was limited. Some even migrate to other countries due to their liking for foreign cultures. Furthermore, understanding different cultures has never been easier than today with the use of the internet. People try to learn different cultures through websites and tend to generate an interest in them. This, in turn, promotes cultural homogeneity.
I believe this is a positive development because cultural fusion enables people to work in foreign countries without experiencing much difficulty. When people all over the world eat the same kind of foods, wear the same kind of clothes and celebrate the same festivals, life becomes a whole lot easier. Also, this development creates more job opportunities in developing countries. When there is a general acceptance of the foreign cultures, foreign businesses can set up offices everywhere.
To recapitulate, cultural similarities are a result of the booming travel industry and greater access to the internet. This should be seen as a positive development because it makes the world more tolerant and promotes job opportunities, especially, in developing and under developed countries.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Different Cultures Are Mixing Today And The World Is Becoming A Global Village | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Art Is Considered An Essential Part Of Cultures Throughout The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Countries Are Becoming More And More Similar | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Nowadays Culture Is Much The Same All Around The World | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Describe The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Tourism In The Modern World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Lifestyle And Culture Of Different Countries Are Becoming Similar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourism Creates Tension Rather Than Understanding Between People From Different Cultures | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Now Have The Freedom To Work And Live Anywhere In The World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Parts Of The World It Is Becoming Popular To Research The History Of One’s Own Family | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample