Media Has A Big Role To Play In The Spreading Of Any News | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Media has a big role to play in the spreading of any news and curiosity building. Which type of news do you feel media should give more focus to, good or bad?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to advancements in communication technology, media now plays a crucial role in our lives. It has the ability to influence a large set of people within a short span of time. Television and the internet, for example, can provide live coverage of events happening all over the world. This unique ability of media makes it all too powerful because it can be used for both good and bad purposes.
Using media for good purpose is crucial. Due to its increased reach, media now wields greater power than in the past. It influences not only mature adults but also innocent children and hence it is crucial to share appropriate content. Studies have shown that media has a major impact on a child’s psychology. If children get exposed to violent or inappropriate content on television or the internet, it can affect their normal development.
Not only children but adults are also influenced by media content. For example, when media gives too much coverage to the opulent lifestyle of the rich and the famous, it is a sending a wrong message to the society. People get influenced and start aspiring to have a materialist life. Unfortunately, this can lead to the demise of age old values that made us what we are today. Another reason for serving content that promotes good will is that it has an overall positive impact on the society. For example, coverage of motivational stories and sports inspire people to do something beneficial with their lives. Media is also responsible for dispensing vital information in critical situations. For instance, in the event of a natural calamity or the outbreak of a major epidemic the media should make use of its reach and create awareness among people. This is crucial to save lives.
In conclusion, due to its massive reach media has tremendous influence on the society; however, it should take utmost care to ensure that good news gets more coverage.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- Some People Think That News And Media Are Affecting Our Lives In A Positive Way | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Should media give more importance to good stories?
- News Plays An Important Part Of Most People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Part In Most People’s lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Positive And Negative Effects Of Technology Through Mass Media | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample