Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Many young people nowadays are imitating celebrities in sports and movies. In your opinion, is this good or bad? Support your point of view with reasons and examples from your own experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 essay sample
It is now quite common for young people to imitate the lifestyle of famous actors and sports personalities. In my opinion, this trend has both merits and demerits.
Celebrities are people who have achieved name and fame in their field. They worked hard to become what they are. Obviously, there are a lot of things that young people can learn from famous people. Perseverance is one of them. Successful sportspersons have put in years of hard work to gain international name and fame. Many of them hail from very ordinary backgrounds and yet they achieved stupendous success by virtue of their hard work. A young person following an eminent sports personality in all likelihood will get inspired by his idol and learn the value of hard work and perseverance. This, in turn, benefits his own life and career.
Famous actors and musicians all have similar stories to tell and are an inspiration for millions. Their success story inspires young people to script their own success stories. In addition, youngsters following celebrities in fashion or sports are more likely to become health conscious. For example, teenagers admiring Bollywood celebrities often aspire to have the six pack abs that their screen idols possess. This encourages them to work out and it benefits their health.
On the flip side, celebrities have their own flaws and a youngster should never try to copy their lifestyle blindly. For example, many actors are famous for their lavish lifestyle. They spend enormously on garments, cars and other accessories. A teenager who wants these luxuries for himself will unwittingly invite trouble into his life. When he realizes that he cannot live the glam lifestyle he aspires for, he will become disappointed. Some of them may even get involved in criminal activities to fund their lavish lifestyles.
In conclusion, when teenagers get inspired by celebrities, it can have both positive and negative impact on their lives. There are certainly a lot of things they can learn from famous people. However, they should never try to copy their lifestyle blindly.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Celebrities Are Now More Famous For Glamour And Wealth | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities Are Known For Their Glamour And Wealth | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample