people get little or no exercise either during the working day or in their free
time, and have health problems as a result.
Why do so many working people not get enough exercise? What can be done about this problem?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Many health problems are on the rise among working people due to lack of any exercise in their day to day life. There are various reasons for the sedentary lifestyle which can be mitigated by creating awareness and building sufficient infrastructure.
There are many factors, which contribute to the lack of exercise in a working adult’s life. Firstly, people have become very lethargic in their day to day life. This could be due to the long commute which consumes much of their energy. Secondly, with the advancement of technology adults are choosing the internet and TV as their source of amusement. Playing, for instance, is no longer considered as a form of entertainment. Thus the popularity of digital forms of entertainment has led to less exercise and more couch time. Finally, the infrastructure available for exercising has not improved much in most parts of the world. Particularly in developing and under developed countries, lack of access to gym facilities has contributed to the inactive lifestyle.
Creating awareness among people about the benefit of exercise will encourage them to include workouts in their daily life. In addition, the government should enforce strict laws that ensure proper work-life balance. Companies that require their employees to work beyond regular working hours should be penalized or made to pay overtime.
Building more public gyms will provide the nudge that most working people need to be more active.
To conclude, the busy lifestyle and lack of access to gym facilities are the main reasons that prevent working people from getting physically active. In order to solve this problem, it is important to create awareness among people about the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise Either During The Working Day Or In Their Free Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities
- Band 9 essay sample: Why do people walk less now?
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- Some People Argue That Healthcare Should Not Be Provided For Free | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample