Many working people get little or no exercise either during the working day or in their free time and have health problems as a result. Why do so many working people not get enough exercise? What can be done about this problem?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The majority of full-time employees devote hardly any time for physical activity and exercise. This causes an increase in incidences of obesity, heart diseases, and lethargy. This essay will analyse the reasons that prevent people from exercising and also recommend some viable solutions.
People who work full-time are caught up in meeting the deadlines and often work overtime. Everyone is in a rush to beat the traffic congestion and reach their office on time. As a result, they often buy / choose junk food for breakfast or lunch as it is easily available and ready to eat. The consumption of junk food causes an increase in cases of obesity) and makes people lazy due to the high content of sodium and carbohydrates in them. Apart from this, employees often complain about lack of time for exercise or any fitness related activity. They feel stressed about finishing their tasks on time and often work overtime. Moreover, many workers, especially those who must travel long distances to reach their workplace, do not get time to hit the gym or play games.
Firstly, it is the organization’s duty to ensure that their employees are mentally and physically stable. The companies should provide their employees with free time to exercise as it can help them energize themselves. The employees should also be provided with free/subsidized gym membership in gyms which are closer to their homes. The government and private organizations can team-up to offer customized diet plans to their employees. In addition’ office canteens must ban the supply of soft drinks and junk food.
In conclusion, lack of physical exercise can lead to several health-related complications amongst employees. The government and private organizations must work together to help ensure that their employees get enough time to exercise and avoid regular/ excessive consumption of junk food.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise Either During The Working Day Or In Their Free Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Band 7 essay sample about working from home
- The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some People Believe That Working From Home Only Benefits Employees
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample