Many things that used to be done in the home by hands are now being done by machines. Does this development bring more advantages or disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Home appliances have significantly advanced from what they were a couple of years back. Machines that were semi automatic have now evolved into fully automatic. These gadgets are the virtual hand of many homemakers in today’s homes. In this essay, we will discuss the positive and negative aspects of these home appliances.
It is evident and true and these appliances have reduced the labour required to perform many household tasks that were earlier done with hand. Thanks to the advent of appliances like washing machines, dishwashers and vacuum cleaners, the majority of household tasks can now be done with little effort. For instance, a homemaker can wash clothes, clean dishes and vacuum the house simultaneously and can save time by multitasking. These machines enable people to save time which they can be used for something more fruitful. Besides saving time, these machines complete the task more efficiently than humans who work with hands.
A major negative aspect of these machines taking over the control of our house chores is that they are making most of the people unhealthy and lazy. Since 80% of these tasks are automated and taken care of by these appliances, we become lazy. For instance, before these machines arrived most of the tasks were done by people, and they had to get physically active while accomplishing these works. Since most of the jobs are now taken care of by these machines, homemakers sit idle and become unhealthy and lazy.
In conclusion, the advantages of using these household appliances outweigh the disadvantages because they have enabled us to perform most household tasks more easily and efficiently. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- What are the advantages for a family when the mother works? | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Some People Say That It Is Important To Keep Home And Workplace Tidy | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your Home And Pet | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Tasks Are Being Performed by Robots At Home And Work
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Robots Are Being Used At Home And Office
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Home Schooling Vs. Regular Schooling
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Advantages And Disadvantages of Home Schooling And Regular Schooling