Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people think it is important to spend a lot of money on a large wedding celebration. Others disagree. Discuss both these views and give your opinion and give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge and experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS Essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people spending a lot of money on marriage parties is a must. Others insist that lavish celebrations are a waste of money and resources. Both views will be discussed in this essay; however, in my opinion, it does not make much sense to spend a lot of money on celebrations.
Celebrations make our lives more interesting. Also, lavish parties are an opportunity to show off our wealth. Actually, this is the reason many people choose to spend inordinate amounts of money on weddings. They believe that throwing a lavish wedding party will easily elevate their social standing. My uncle, for example, makes it a point to celebrate the weddings of his children in a lavish manner. He believes that those parties will earn him the respect of his friends and acquaintances.
On the other hand, there is a downside to throwing large wedding parties. Oftentimes families borrow money to celebrate the wedding of their son or daughter in a grand style. They may have seen their neighbour hold an expensive party on the occasion of his daughter’s marriage. Now, they feel compelled to have an even bigger party. This is not exactly a problem if they can afford it but that is not always the case. Many families fall into the debt trap in their desperation to hold a grand wedding that their friends will remember for good. Also, large parties often lead to the wastage of enormous amounts of foods and beverages.
Personally, I believe that instead of throwing ridiculously expensive parties, people should organize more intimate and simpler celebrations. Wedding celebrations are an opportunity to share our joy with our friends and relatives and small parties serve the purpose very well. Actually, spending large amounts on parties is a sign of vanity. And if this money is borrowed it is nothing but stupidity. Instead, people who truly want an unforgettable wedding should donate a sum of money to the disadvantaged sections of the society on this occasion. This way they can ensure that their celebrations bring joy to a lot of people who need it desperately.
To conclude, wedding celebrations are important because in most people’s lives they occur only once; however, it is foolish to spend astronomical amounts of money on these celebrations. Instead, people who have excess money should consider donating some to the poor and the needy.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS sample essay: people now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- Some think spending a lot on birthday celebration and weddings is a waste of money | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Should People Spend Their Money Or Save It?
- Some People Think That It Is More Important To Spend Time In Developing A Successful Career | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life
- Band 7 letter sample | Invite a friend to your wedding
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing When Buying A Product Or Service | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample