Many People Only Watch Sports Programs On TV Rather Than Participate In Sports | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people only watch sports programs on TV rather than participate in sports. Is it good or bad?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, the vast majority of people are keen on viewing televised sports competitions but they rarely partake in sports activities. While they can reap some benefits from appreciating such programs, this is relatively detrimental to them in the long term.
People enjoy watching sports events on television for various reasons. To start with, most people have a natural interest in events that test the stamina and endurance of the human body. Also, many people have stressful jobs; watching their favourite team playing and winning allows them to forget their worries for a while. Patriotic feelings could be another reason to watch sports matches on TV. People are curious to know whether their national teams can win at the international level and hence they watch the live events on television.
However, this generates some serious problems. To commence with, most people lack strong self-control, so it becomes a norm for them to spend most of their leisure time in appreciating sports events on televisions by sacrificing their precious time which should have been allocated to workout. This sedentary lifestyle is seriously taking a toll on their health, and this can be evidenced by the fact that more and more of these viewers are suffering from diseases such as obesity and high blood pressure. Conversely, if they participate in sports activities regularly, their health can be better maintained, as doing exercise can burn their calories and avoid the saturation of fat. Furthermore, playing a sport or working out also provides the same level of relaxation by triggering the release of a feel good hormone.
In conclusion, while getting involved in watching sports programs is beneficial to viewers to some extent, playing the sport is even better as it makes them physically active. Hence, in my opinion, only watching sports matches without playing it is bad.
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- Today, TV Channels Provide Man’s Sports Show More Than Women’s Sport Show | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- Sports Programmes On Television Are The Reason For The Poor Health Of Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Watching Sports In One’s Free Time Is Just A Waste Of Time | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Like To Go To A Live Sporting Event, While Others Prefer To Watch It On Television | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay | Youth should not be allowed to participate in sports
- Some People Like To Go To A Live Sporting Event While Others Prefer To Watch It On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample