Many People Find It Hard To Balance Their Work With Other Parts Of Their Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people find it hard to balance their work with other parts of their lives. What are the reasons for this? How can this problem be overcome?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
One of the most challenging aspects of the 21st century is the difficulty in keeping balance between work and life. Most of the population is struggling to maintain a successful and comfortable environment in their workplace and at the same time spend quality time with the family. There several reasons which lead to this unbalanced life.
Firstly, in this competitive business environment, it is extremely difficult to survive if we are less ambitious and hence we spend more time at the workplace. Especially due to reforms in the education sector, more people are able to attend universities and the percentage of students who graduate with high grades and good educational qualifications is also increasing day by day. This itself creates a threat to the existing employees because employers have the option of replacing poorly performing employees with better qualified fresh graduates and post graduates. In order to ensure their job security employees are forced to spend more time at the workplace, this in turn deducts the time they get to spend with their family. Secondly, people are more attracted to material comforts and in order to satisfy these cravings / these wants, they are keen to work hard and earn more money. Spending overtime at the workplace will help them to earn more money as they earn overtime allowances apart from their regular salary.
Unfortunately, this inability to balance life and work has become a serious cause various mental and physical health problems and conflicts in the family life. In order to tackle this, people should limit the work hours and spend the rest of their time with the family. The government can also take various steps such as conducting awareness campaigns about the risks of overtime work hours and the problems faced by the children of working parents. A strict law should be imposed in order to limit the working hours.
In conclusion, keeping a balance between work and personal life is becoming a major challenge in this competitive society. Everyone should start to think of the value of our personal life and keep a balance between their quest for money and contentment in personal life.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many People Try To Find A Balance Between Their Work And Other Aspects Of Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To What Extent Do Work-Life Balance Matter?
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Why Do Some People Work Harder Than Others?
- More And More Work Is Being Carried Out By Machines In All Areas Of Our Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Employers Want To Be Able To Contact Their Staff At All Times | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- News Plays An Important Part Of Most People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample