Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Had A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have had a huge negative impact on individuals and society. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Social websites such as Facebook and Twitter are increasingly becoming popular. According to some people, social media has adverse impacts on the individual and the society. In my opinion, such sites have caused distraction to many. However, they have also impacted us in a positive way as people can stay in touch with their social groups.
On the one hand, many individuals are prone to get distracted due to overuse of social networking sites. Because of this distraction they gradually tend to become addicted to such sites. As a result, they often do not prepare well for their academics and career and this will eventually affect their grades and performances. For example, a study conducted by Alpha Inc, revealed that there is a direct correlation between the performance of an individual and their usage of social networking sites. Thus, many people are adversely impacted by overuse of social media.
On the other hand, these social networking sites have helped the community to stay connected despite the geographical boundaries. Given the fact that the internet has become very affordable, family members and friends are able to stay in touch on regular basis. Consequently, unlike in the past, most of the people in the society are strongly bonded. For instance, thanks to Facebook my father can now stay in touch with his college mates. Obviously, this development has brought a positive change to the society as a whole.
To conclude, in my opinion, although the social media has affected people’s performances and academics to a certain extent, on a larger perspective it has benefited the community as whole because such sites have enabled the society to network well.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Social networking sites like Facebook have a negative impact on the society | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?