Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have had a huge negative impact on both individual and society? Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, reports and letters corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that social media such as Facebook and Instagram have had many detrimental effects on both the people and the community. This essay totally agrees with this statement because social media deprives people of real human interaction and also exposes them to many psychological problems resulting from being addicts to these kinds of websites.
The main argument against social media websites is that they reduce face to face interaction between people. This is because nowadays most people use social media social media for communicating with one another instead of visiting them personally. As a result, people have lost empathy, and relationships have become weaker. For example, The New York Times has reported that 85% of the global population use social media to stay in touch with friends and family and show reluctance to call or meet them in person. Unfortunately, this leads to the disintegration of families and communities.
Furthermore, many people have become addicted to these sites. This is because the excessive use of social media makes people live in the virtual world, which can lead to many psychological diseases such as, depression and stress and other issues like loneliness. Many people are actually seeking treatment for social media addiction. Thus, it is evident that social media has a significant impact on how people live and socialize.
In conclusion, I agree with the argument that social media has had many adverse impacts on individuals and societies by making real face to face interactions obsolete. In my opinion, it is important for people to realize this and reduce the amount of time spent on social networking sites.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Had A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Social networking sites like Facebook have a negative impact on the society | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Band 7 essay sample | Impact of technology