Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have had a huge negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree?
Do you have difficulty writing a to what extent do you agree or disagree essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become an important part of our everyday life. However, it is argued that these sites have a devastating effect on the community and the individuals. I strongly agree with the thought that social websites have a profound negative effect.
To begin with, social networking sites have started hurting relationships. In the present world, people spend a lot of time online. Hence, they do not have time to visit their friends or relatives. As a result, relationships have become shallow. For example, in the earlier days, individuals used to have get-togethers at least once a month, but nowadays most of the people do not even know many of their relatives. Consequently, there are no close helpful relationships in this era.
Addiction is another drawback of social networks which leads to failure in almost every field. Most of the people waste hours in front of computers or mobile phones chatting and posting on Facebook and Twitter and thus they fail to pay attention to their work. For instance, students do not perform their best in the exams or fail because they spend more time online instead of studying. As a result, social networking sites hinder the progress of the individual and also of the society.
In conclusion, although Facebook and such sites are beneficial to some extent, I strongly agree with the argument that they have more detrimental effect on both the local community and the people. It is hoped that users will realize this and learn to use such platforms more judiciously.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Social networking sites like Facebook have a negative impact on the society | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample