Many People Believe That Media Coverage Of Celebrities Has A Negative Effect On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In today’s world, everybody is fascinated by glamour and the people associated with it are idolized everywhere. Celebrities are given huge importance due to their social standing and the media cash in on their publicity. This essay will argue how media coverage of celebrities has adverse effects on the younger generation.
In this era of social media, youngsters follow their favourite celebrities across various platforms and are influenced by them. These children look at celebrities as their role models and often attempt to adapt their lifestyles and habits. For instance, cosmetic surgeries have increased by 35% after the Kardashian sisters admitted to going under the knife. Girls, as young as 15 years, are flocking to surgery clinics to mimic the features of their favourite celebrities. Publicising such trends not only risks the health of youngsters, but also instils in them the idea that physical appearance is more important than character and personality.
Another problem caused by this obsession with celebrities is that they make young people feel inferior. For example, celebrities are famous for their extravagant lifestyle. They flaunt a new dress and hairstyle everyday. Some of them even have a new boyfriend or girlfriend every two weeks. If youngsters blindly follow this lifestyle of celebrities it can have a negative effect on their future. Media should keep a close check on what they broadcast to prevent the generation of tomorrow from getting brainwashed by the negative elements in the society.
In a nut-shell, this essay completely agreed with the fact that media coverage of celebrities has negative effects on children. Indeed, it is important to restrict content that can harm children and parents should keep a close check on the celebrities their kids idolise.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- IELTS essay sample | Should government ask media to stop reporting violence?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Some Feel That Paparazzi Should Not Follow Celebrities And Invade Their Privacy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities Are Now More Famous For Glamour And Wealth | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample