Many People Believe That Media Coverage Of Celebrities Has A Negative Effect On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for essay organization ideas and writing tips.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people opine that the huge coverage that celebrities get in media has a negative impact on children. This essay will explain why I believe this statement is true only to a certain extent as this coverage does have some positive effects on children.
To begin with, a number of media channels broadcast and write about celebrity sightings and this has indirectly led to a culture promoting fashion. Young people are willing to spend huge amounts of money on costumes and personal care products. Oftentimes this spending is unnecessary and should be discouraged as it does no good to them. Also, the excessive coverage that famous people get often convince young people that achieving name and fame should be the only goal in life. Unfortunately, this perspective on life can cause many young people who fail to achieve stardom fall into the depth of despair. There are also many celebrities who lead a wayward lifestyle. Their young fans often unwittingly emulate the same lifestyle and end up destroying their life and career.
On the other hand, there are also a lot of things that young people can learn from celebrities. Many of these people actually had very ordinary childhoods. They became what they are today through sheer hard work and dedication. When children learn about such celebrities they may also get inspired to work hard and achieve success. Then there are celebrities who support social causes. When media showcase their work, their young fans will be encouraged to come forward and volunteer.
In conclusion, although media coverage of celebrities makes children want to ape them blindly, in my opinion, celebrity news also encourages children to work hard to achieve their goals.
- Many People Believe That Media Coverage Of Celebrities Has A Negative Effect On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Huge Negative Effect On Both Individuals And Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample