Many People Accept That Now We Live In A Globalized World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people accept that now we live in a globalized world but not everyone agrees that this is beneficial. To what extent is globalization a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Advancements in technology, effective modes of communication, and modernization have enabled us to live in a much more globalized way these days. We now often label ourselves as global citizens. Some people feel it is not advantageous. I believe globalization has more positive developments than negative ones.
The prime advantage of globalization is the unification of diverse countries to deal with humanitarian crises. Nations can come together to fight for a common cause. One relevant example here is the issue of environmental damage. Global warming, pollution and depletion of natural resources cannot be mitigated by the efforts of a single or of a few nations. On the other hand, if countries come together they can form a globalized body and agree upon strict environmental regulations. Also, in the cases of food crises or natural calamities, international assistance can save many lives. For example, the United Nations provide aid to less privileged countries in Africa. Another advantage of globalization is the wide-ranging benefits to a consumer. A local citizen can enjoy products from a global market. For example, smartphone manufacturers Apple and Samsung have many customers in India.
On the flip side, there is a fear of losing regional identity and integrity. Globalization seems to influence developing and third world countries to adopt western culture of the developed world. The more globalized we are, the greater our tendency to buy internationally acclaimed products. This leads to the closure of several local businesses. For example, the facilitation of global trade has led to the proliferation of Chinese products in India. This has diverted the profits from local Indian entrepreneurs to Chinese companies. Moreover, globalization poses a threat to indigenous languages and traditions.
In summary, I feel that globalization fosters better cooperation and bonding amongst different territories. It also enables people to bind together. The idea of a global family makes people more empathetic and encourages them to lend a helping hand to the needy.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Most people accept that we now live in a globalised world but not everyone agrees this is beneficial | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- In Many Parts Of The World Today There Is A Profitable Market For Products Which Lighten People’s Skin | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of globalisation
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?