Many Museums Charge An Entry Fee | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Many museums across the world charge an entry fee from all visitors. Some people argue that entry to the museums should be free. How far do you agree or disagree with this argument.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People’s opinion seems to differ as to whether or not museums should charge a fee for allowing visitors to enter. While some people argue that the entry should be free to such places, I strongly believe that a charge should be levied for the entry.
There are myriad reasons to advocate the entry fees for the museums. First and foremost, a museum is a place where artifacts from the past civilizations are exhibited. Hence, to maintain and preserve them from dust and decaying, a maintenance fee is collected from the visitors. Secondly, an entrance ticket filters out unnecessary crowd from entering the museum premises. It actually discourages the uninterested and anti-social elements of the society such as beggars and vagabonds from entering.
Furthermore, most of the museums offer world class facilities such as air conditioned halls, safe drinking water, cafes and seating arrangements for visitors. Such facilities are not possible without collecting a fee from the public. In addition, a museum may need to upgrade its technology and add more to its existing collection from time to time.
Finally, a museum reflects the traditions, cultures and beliefs of a bygone-era. Therefore it becomes imperative to maintain it with the best possible facilities and latest technology. It is often seen that well maintained museums are thronged by the local people as well as tourists and thus they boost economy of a nation.
To encapsulate, I agree with the statement that entry fees plays an important role in the upkeep of the museums and it should be charged from the visitors.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Museums Charge An Entry Fee
- IELTS essay: Should museums charge an entry fee?
- Band 8 essay sample | Museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Only Tourists Visit Museums And Monuments
- Academic Task 2 (Essay) as seen in Iran
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- IELTS model letter
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advantages Of Living In Large Apartment Complexes
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attraction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
- IELTS essay sample | Foreigners visiting cultural places should pay more