Many High Level Positions In Companies Are Filled By Men | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Many high-level positions in companies are filled by men even though the workforce in many developed countries is more than 50 per cent female. Companies should be required to allocate a certain percentage of these positions to women. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries now the workforce consists of more women than men. Yet, there are few women in managerial positions. Hence, some people argue that a certain number of senior level positions should be reserved for women. In my opinion, this is not a viable solution because it will benefit neither women nor the organizations hiring them.
Reserving jobs on the basis of gender benefits none. It will ensure that women can easily climb up the corporate ladder because there are positions reserved for them. Unfortunately, this will discourage them from achieving higher education or working hard. Hence, instead of reserving seats for women, girls should be taught from an early age that they too can become a manager or a CEO if they wish because the opportunities are there regardless of their genders. Furthermore, imposing a quota will only encourage companies to find another way to outsmart the system. For example, a company can change the title of a position to just fill a vacancy. For these reasons, women are not benefited when jobs / positions are reserved for them at the workplace.
On the other hand, it is important for the company to be able to employ the best available candidate for the positions. When there are no gender based quotas, it will ensure that the most talented people get to the top. Moreover, companies that hire the best people for the right positions tend to be more successful. This in turn will create more opportunities available within the company and then the company can hire more people including women to fill the additional available positions. Thus it is evident that reserving managerial positions for women is not the right solution to ensure gender equality at the workplace.
In conclusion, since forcing companies to hire more women just to follow the law can only cause more harm than good, I strongly believe that companies should be able to hire people based on their qualifications, and not gender.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Should The Government Reserve A Certain Percentage Of High Level Jobs To Women? | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Universities Should Accept Equal Number Of Male And Female Students In Each Subject | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- People In Senior Positions Alone Should Make Decisions In A Business | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people believe that in present times, women do get as much equality at work as men
- Small Businesses Should Avoid Recruiting Young Women Who Do Not Have Their Own Family In Order To Avoid Paying Maternity Leave | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | How can companies retain their workforce?