Many Famous Sports Players Advertise Products | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Many famous sports players advertise products. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this development?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
These days, several renowned sports persons have started advertising many products at national and international level. The advantages of this trend include publicity for the goods which are new in the market and extra income for athletes. However, there are a plethora of disadvantages that include loss of focus in the game and promotion of wrong items in the market. This essay will discuss the pros and cons of this trend / development in detail along with relevant examples.
To begin with, many companies nowadays hire popular sports persons to endorse their newly launched products so that they can boost their revenue. Moreover, people get to know more about them through ads on TV and other social platforms. For example, sales of Nike products have increased by 30% since Virat Kohli became the brand ambassador of the company. Therefore, the growth of any particular brand is indirectly dependent on promotion of their items by a well-known sports player.
On the other hand, the involvement of players in marketing gimmicks not only make them lose their concentration in the game but also have serious repercussions for their careers if they promote poor quality products. This can affect their reputation and could even invite law suits. They can sometimes face heavy criticism for their deeds outside the field for promoting the wrong items. Recently, a 6-month ban was imposed on Shakib Al Hasan, a well-known Bangladeshi cricketer, for promoting a cigarette brand on the field.
To recapitulate, there is no doubt that popular players are advertising several products and this has numerous advantages like publicity for brand new products and extra revenue for players yet we cannot ignore its negative impact on players’ performance.
- Many Famous Athletes Advertise Different Products | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Companies Sponsor Sports As A Way Of Advertising Themselves | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Successful Companies Use Advertising To Make More Sales | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Professional Sports, There Is An Increase In The Number Of Athletes Using Banned Substances | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Physical Strength Is More Important For Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Cricket Has Become More Popular Than The National Sports In The Sub Continental Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample