Many famous athletes advertise different products. What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In the present age, a number of well-known players are doing different types of product advertisements. In this essay, we will throw some light on the advantages and disadvantages of this trend.
Let’s begin by looking into the merits of endorsements by sportspersons. Firstly, players can promote certain products in a better way because they themselves use some of these items in their line of work. Sachin Tendulkar, for example, does the advertisement of an energy drink which he consumes while playing the game. Because of this reason, his endorsement of the product sounds genuine. Secondly, players can make money by doing various types of advertisements. In general, advertisement companies give approximately 25-50 lakhs to the players who work for them. This is a great opportunity for them to convert their popularity and brand value into money.
On the other hand, there are some downsides to these celebrity endorsements. Primarily, this could take away the players’ focus from the game. To elucidate, last year, Virat Kohli, a renowned Indian cricketer, was not able to perform as expected in Asian Cup. Some people assert that this happened because he was featured in myriads of advertisements at that time which took his concentration away from the match. Furthermore, athletes could become money minded if they do a lot of advertisement campaigns. The result of this could be devastating for the players and ruin their game play. What’s more, sometimes players endorse poor quality products just because they are offered truckloads of money. In my opinion, this is a misuse of the trust their admirers have placed in them.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that popular players are advertising several products and this phenomenon has some obvious drawbacks and benefits which are given in the above paragraphs. All in all, it is up to the players to decide whether or not they should do these types of advertisements.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample
- PTE Academic Essay | Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products?
- Celebrities Are Now More Famous For Glamour And Wealth | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.
- Large Businesses Have Big Budgets And Hence People Buy Their Products | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Supermarkets Have The Responsibility To Reduce The Amount Of Packaging For Products They Sell | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Useful IELTS Vocabulary | Advantage
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample