Many Doctors Are Concerned About The Use Of Computer Games By Children And Young | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Many doctors are concerned about the use of computer games by children and young. What mental and physical problems arise and what are the solutions?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, there is a growing concern among medical practitioners over the excessive use of computer based games by youngsters and toddlers. Playing video games above a certain limit leads to health issues and behavioural changes among young population and there are a number of solutions which could be implemented to deal with it.
Firstly, squandering a significant amount of time on playing computer games leads to health issues. This is a problem as it causes young people to have a sedentary lifestyle which leads to diseases such as obesity and cardiac arrest. For instance, in a survey it was reported that 45% of adolescents and kids who invest most of their time in playing video games are more likely to fall prey to obesity. To solve this, awareness must be raised among both parents and children about the ill-effects of playing video games. As a result, parents would deter their offspring from spending overtime on playing computer games and thus reduce their risk of falling ill.
Playing a lot of computer games also hurts the mental health of young people. In other words, playing video games especially violent ones makes children more aggressive. This is an issue as it may lead to juvenile offences and could possibly destroy their future. For example, in India it has been observed that the majority of juvenile offenders have the habit of playing a lot of games involving fighting and killing.
To solve this problem, the government should ban / control the circulation of video games containing violence and bloodshed. This move / measure will prevent children’s mind from getting poisoned by violent video content and thus ensure their normal development.
In conclusion, enforcing strict laws and creating awareness among both children and adults about the harmful effects of video games are the effective ways of dealing with this grave concern.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- An Increasing Trend Nowadays Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Trend Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Films And Computer Games Which Contain Violence Are Very Popular | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- Using A Computer Every Day Can Have More Negative Than Positive Effects On Young Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games