Many Criminals Commit More Crimes As Soon As They Are Released From Prison | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Many criminals commit further crimes as soon as they are released from prison. What do you think are the causes of this? What possible solutions can you suggest?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Many criminals commit crimes again after serving time in prison and thus become a threat to the society. In my opinion, lack of employment and rehabilitation opportunities is the main cause of this disturbing phenomenon. The only way to prevent ex-prisoners from reoffending is to ensure that they are properly re-inducted into the society.
Most organisations are reluctant to provide employment to a person accused of a crime or an offence. Such an individual is perceived as a threat to the organization and thus denied a job at the company. For example, the employer may fear that the convicted person will continue the malpractices and eventually cause loss to the company. Unfortunately, an unemployed ex-prisoner has a tough time making a living and in their desperation they get into crime again. The society’s apathetic attitude to convicts is another reason that prevents their reformation. Someone who committed a crime is considered as a criminal even after they complete the punishment. Consequently, many convicts tread the wrong path again.
In order to ensure that any lawbreaker walks the right path after the punishment, the government needs to provide an opportunity to improve by the provision of at least a low paying job. Convicted criminals also need counseling so that they understand the need to reform themselves. If an individual is offered a chance to live with dignity again as well as guided for personality development, he or she is less likely to reoffend. For example if someone guilty under the law for monetary theft has a chance to earn income through righteous ways, there is an assurance that the same offence will not be repeated by the person. Thus, to prevent the criminals from repeating their crimes, it is necessary that they are introduced to possible solutions to lead a good life again.
To recapitulate, many of the convicted criminals tend to continue their heinous practices even after serving time in the prison. The essay discussed how the inability to earn a living and lack of personal awareness has led criminals to commit more crimes after being released. This essay also suggested solutions to reduce re-offending by providing fair opportunity for improvement along with proper counseling.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Convicted Criminals Commit More Crimes After Getting Released From Prison
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Further Crimes As Soon As They Are Released
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes Again After Serving Time In Prison
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes After Serving Punishment
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Educating Criminals in Prison Will Reduce Crime Rate
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample About Awarding Longer Prison Sentences To Criminals
- IELTS essay sample about keeping criminals in imprisoned for long
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Why Do Criminals Re-offend After They Have Been Punished?
- IELTS essay sample: Is education more effective than prisons in curbing crimes?
- Band 8 essay sample: Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment