Many Children have access to the internet and devices like smart phones, even at very young ages. Do you think this a good trend? What rules should children follow related to internet and gadget use?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, it is commonly observed that most of the young kids are addicted to devices such as tablets, mobiles and iPods. In my opinion, excessive use of mobile devices has detrimental effects on children’s mental and physical well-being and hence parents should regulate their internet and mobile activity. This essay will give some guidelines regarding the correct use of mobile gadgets.
Mobiles and the internet certainly help children in many ways. For example, mobile games such as ‘Word Finder’ help them to make simple words out of the given set of letters. This will enhance their thought process and thus increase their cognitive skills which are very essential for a successful life. Also, learning to use these devices from a young age makes them smarter and more comfortable with technology.
On the flip side, if children are always using their mobiles and tablets, they will develop several problems. For example, mobile addicted children may perform poorly in school because of their inability to focus on their studies. They may also become introverts. In addition, there is a possibility that they will come across harmful or obscene content on the internet. However, forbidding children to use the internet or the mobile is not the solution. Instead, parents should impose some strict rules on the mobile and internet use of their children. For example, parents should monitor their children when they are on the internet. They should also set a limit to the amount of time children can use these devices.
To conclude, computers and mobiles can be both good and bad for children. Children can not only gain vast amount of knowledge by using electronic devices but also improve their analytical and cognitive skills. However, addiction to mobile devices and electronic media is detrimental for their mental and physical development. Hence, parents should monitor their internet activity and limit their screen time.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parents Should Limit The Time Children Can Watch TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample about the Adverse Effects of Increasing Use of Computers and Smart Phones
- Many people believe that mobile phones cause more harms than the benefits | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television