Many Believe That The Best Way To Ensure A Happier Society Is To Reduce The Difference In Income Earnings Between The Rich And Poor | Band 8 IELTS Sample
Many believe that the best way to ensure a happier society is to reduce the difference in income earnings between the rich and poor. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for essay organization ideas and writing tips.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that reducing the income disparity between the poor and the affluent sections of the society is the best way to build a welfare state wherein everybody is happy. I do not agree with this view. Instead of capping the salaries of the rich to make everyone feel equal, the government should do something to improve the earnings of the poor.
Helping the poor people earn more is the best possible way to improve their living standards and make them happy. The government can achieve this in many ways. For example, it should make education accessible to all students regardless of their financial situation. Likewise, it must bring in laws that ensure at least the minimum wages for all people. The government must also provide food and other essential commodities at subsidized rates to all poor people. If implemented properly, these measures will have a positive impact on the living standards of poor people.
On the other hand, if the remunerations of the rich are capped to build a welfare society, it will only produce the opposite effect. To start with, this measure will invite the displeasure of the affluent and instead of making them happy it will actually encourage them to migrate to countries where they can earn more. Also, if salaries are capped people will lose the motivation to work harder. This will affect their productivity and hurt the economic growth of the nation. In short, any attempt at bringing in equality by forcefully reducing the earning capacity of rich people will have disastrous consequences for the nation.
In conclusion, capping the salaries of rich people to reduce income disparity is unlikely to bring happiness to all sections of the society. Instead, the government should try to elevate the life standards of the poor by ensuring them equal access to education and employment opportunities.
- Rich Are Becoming Richer And Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor Is Widening
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.
- IELTS essay sample | The rich are getting richer
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample