Many Artists Earn Low Salaries And Therefore Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Most artists earn low salaries and should therefore receive funding from the government in order for them to continue with their work. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In this scientific era, most people have lost interest in arts and as a result, artists are struggling to make a living. In my opinion, great things will happen if artists receive financial aid from the government.
For most artists, art is their main job and their primary source of income. In addition to that, most of them are extremely passionate about what they do and spend massive amounts of time and effort to excel in their work. Therefore, when they do not earn enough from it, they are forced to give up their pursuit of art. Hence, it will be beneficial if the government offers them a monthly stipend or pension to take care of their living expenses. This will allow them to stay committed to art. For example, my grandfather was a talented painter with great creativity yet he lived a very difficult life because he did not earn much and hence his wife and children had to live in poverty. Had the government supported him financially , he would have been able to live comfortably and produce more works of art.
Furthermore, art is essential to protect the culture and the tradition of a country. Without art, many cultures will disappear. For instance, the ancient Egyptians protected their culture with a tremendous amount of artistic designs which ornament the pyramids. Arabs, on the other hand, preserved their history through poems which they passed down from one generation to another and gave the world a clear image of their previous lifestyle. Thus, the financial assistance for artists benefits the country and protects its culture / legacy /heritage.
In conclusion, artists need financial assistance to continue producing great works of art. It is hoped that governments all over the world will adopt this strategy to ensure that art and artists flourish.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- In Some Countries, A Few People Earn Extremely High Salaries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- Some People Think That The Government Should Cap The Salaries Of People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should give money to homeless people
- Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: should governments provide financial assistance to writers?