Maintaining Public Libraries Is A Waste Of Time Since Computer Technology Is Replacing Their Functions | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time since computer technology is now replacing their functions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Computer technologies have developed at an unprecedented pace nowadays, and some argue that it is pointless to support / maintain public libraries because their functions are increasingly being fulfilled by computers. In my view, while using laptops can make research easier and more interesting, state libraries are worth investing in / worth the investment because of the important role they play in this modern world.
It is true that computers can sometimes do a better job than the traditional library in dispensing information and engaging learners. Through the internet, people can access information in a variety of means such as through online newspaper, blogs, or video clips, and the way to do so can be as straightforward as a single click on the mouse. Furthermore, compared to reading printed text/books/magazines which might seem comparatively boring, it is more intriguing and engaging for most people to surf the internet and watch programs such as BBC online documentaries to acquire the knowledge they need.
However, despite these benefits brought by computers, I believe that libraries still occupy an irreplaceable place in people’s lives. Firstly, as all the books and magazines in the library are published by professional houses, their reliability and authoritativeness is guaranteed. It therefore reduces the possibility of people getting misguided by false information. In addition, public libraries generally have sufficient budget provided by the government so that they can invite experts to give lectures. This approach allows visitors to gain deep insights into a certain specialized field, which can hardly be achieved by merely using a computer on one’s own.
In conclusion, computer technology has made information research more accessible and enjoyable, but I believe that state-funded libraries are still of great value for citizens to obtain reliable and quality content. Consequently, they deserve to continue to exist and to receive a stable subsidy from the authority.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Maintenance Of Public Libraries Is A Waste Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Public libraries are no longer required
- Some People Think That Public Libraries Are No Longer Important | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Libraries Are No Longer Important | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Libraries are no longer needed
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 8 essay sample | Libraries are no longer required
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Number Of Books Borrowed From Four Libraries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report