Living In Large Cities Today Poses Many Problems For People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Living in large cities today poses many problems for people. What are these problems? Should governments encourage more people to live in smaller towns?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS essay writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days a majority of people migrate to metro cities for a good life and better job opportunities. However, the cost of living in big cities is rising year after year. In addition, they face a plethora of problems such as air pollution, crowding, lack of adequate living space and stress. In my opinion, the governments across the world should take the initiative to motivate people to live in smaller cities as this reduces the burden on the already overcrowded metropolitan states.
The biggest problems of metropolises these days are overcrowding and pollution. More and more people are migrating from smaller villages and settling in larger cities. This is posing a severe threat to the environment. Most of these cities have become a concrete jungle with minimum greenery. The man to land ratio has also increased which results in less space to live. Since these cities are already overcrowded, sometimes the basic infrastructure is missing as the government is not able to handle the problem of crowding. For instance, in Mumbai, plenty of people live in slums due to lack of affordable housing.
In my opinion, the government should start investing more in the development of smaller cities. If people are happy there then they might also rule out the option of migrating to big cities. This will decrease the load on bigger towns. A good blueprint for the development of smaller cities will be fruitful in the long run as it would cure the problem of overpopulation in larger places. This will eventually reduce pollution as well.
To sum up, this essay discussed the problems such as over pollution, overpopulation and space constraints faced by people of metropolitan cities. This essay also stated why I feel that the government should discourage rural people from migrating to urban areas.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Problems Caused By Overcrowding In Cities
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- Living In A Country Where You Have To Speak A Foreign Language Can Cause Serious Social And Practical Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advantages Of Living In Large Apartment Complexes
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Overpopulation Of Urban Areas Has Led To Numerous Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Wild Animals Living In Cities Should Be Killed
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample