Living In A Country Where You Have To Speak A Foreign Language Can Cause Serious Social And Practical Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Living in a country where you have to speak in a foreign language can cause serious social problems as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Do you have difficulty writing a to what extent do you agree or disagree essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people migrate to foreign countries in search of better work and living environments. Living in such countries where you have to use an entirely unknown language leads to difficulty in social and practical scenarios. This essay will argue that although there are many issues arising from the language barriers, these are not so serious that they cannot be resolved.
In my opinion, although language barriers may create many issues, these are not so serious that they cannot be resolved. The practice of shifting base to a new country is common amongst all classes of people. It is obvious that they will encounter problems when it comes to conversing with the local people and may also face similar issues at work. As they do not know how to speak the local dialect, their ability to socialise and perform various day to day activities will be hampered.
For example, shopping in the vegetable market may seem a huge task. Thus living in such countries where one ought to speak the country’s native language is certainly is certainly going to be challenging at least in the first few months. There are multiple factors that one must consider prior to moving to a new land. The factors will help to cope up with the language barrier. Prior to moving to a foreign land, one must prepare oneself for what lies ahead.
For example, before migrating to Germany where the majority speaks German, one must get acquainted with the basics of the language. In this age of the internet and online forums, learning a new language is easier than ever before. Taking help of one’s own compatriots living abroad is another way to overcome this problem.
In conclusion, I absolutely concur with the notion that living in another country where conversing in the local language is a must is troublesome, but this trouble is often short lived and brief and can be taken care of by making prior preparations and seeking help from the natives. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Having To Speak A Foreign Language Can Cause Serious Problems | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel To Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is Work Or Travel | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | When Professionals Migrate To Foreign Countries What Problems They Create In Their Own Country?
- Speaking part 2: Talk about a situation where you had to communicate in a foreign language for the first time
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Merits And Demerits Of Learning A Foreign Language In Primary School