Similarly; in the same way
These are most common in a formal style.
My grandfather did everything he could to educate my Dad. In the same way, my Dad put a high value on my education.
Stephen Antony was a great footballer who used his quick reflexes to stop suddenly when running with the ball. In the same way, he used his reflexes to accelerate away from his opponents.
The roads are usually very muddy during the rainy season. Similarly, there are often serious traffic jams.
The camel, which lives in desert regions where it is not easy to find food, has adapted itself by growing a hump to store fat. Similarly, the giraffe has grown a long neck, which enables it to eat leaves from tall trees.
- Using nevertheless
- As a matter of fact, in fact, to tell the truth, actually
- In conclusion, to sum up, in short
- Linking words: in the same way; similarly
- Linking words: on the contrary; on the other hand
- Linking words: anyhow, anyway, at any rate
- Linking words: firstly, secondly, thirdly, in the first place, to start with, for one thing, for another thing
- Linking words: words used for generalising
- Using however