The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 academic IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS report sample
The given diagrams illustrate the life cycle of silk worm and how silk cloth is produced. Overall, a silkworm starts life as an egg and grows into a moth. Silk is produced from the cocoon of silkworm and there are six stages in the production process.
First of all, the moth lays eggs and these eggs hatch into larvae in 10 days. After hatching, the larvae feed on mulberry leaves and within in 4-6 weeks, they begin to produce silk thread. Next cocoon is formed in 3-8 days and this is used in silk cloth production. Finally, a moth emerges from cocoon in 15 days and the cycle repeats.
In order to produce silk, selected cocoons are put into boiling water. Once they have been boiled, the silk is unwinded into 300-900 metre long threads. Following this, threads are twisted and weaved. Finally, the threads are dyed to produce silk of desired colour.
Do you have a report on this report? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- Band 8 IELTS Academic Report Sample | Life Cycle Of An Adult Lady Bird
- Different Ways Of Making Tea | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Production Of Steam From Gas Cooled Nuclear Reactor | Band 7 IELTS Report Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Report About Rainwater Collected For Use As Drinking Water
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Post School Qualifications Of Men And Women in Australia | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Strategies for Academic Writing Task 1
- Causes Of Land Degradation | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report
- Some Film Companies Spend Millions Of Dollars On The Production Of A Single Movie | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample