Levels of youth crime are increasing rapidly in most cities around the world. What are the reasons for this, and suggest some solutions. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The amount of criminal activities committed by juveniles across the globe is rising at an alarming rate. This essay will talk about some of the causes of this development and propose some possible resolutions.
Research has shown that poor parent child relationships often lead to the child feeling neglected and hurt. As a result, these youths may seek out bad company to find an outlet for their frustration. In addition, if parents are also engaging in vice activities, their offspring might follow suit as they do not have a good role model in their lives.
Secondly, the age of information technology has made all sorts of information readily available with just the click of a mouse. Bad behaviour and habits such as gambling and stealing are glorified in movies and drama series, misleading kids to think that such behaviour is acceptable. Furthermore, young people are heavily protected by the law, making it nearly impossible for them to get punishment should they commit a crime.
On the bright side, they are several ways to improve the situation. Parents and teachers should work together to provide youth an open, nurturing environment. Parents are responsible for instructing and bringing up their children in the right way. Teachers should impart knowledge and mould their character by helping them distinguish right from wrong. Governments should implement stricter media censorship to make adult content not as easily accessible. Lastly, if a teenager has committed a crime, harsher sentences should be meted out so that their peers will get the message that heinous acts will not be tolerated in this society.
To conclude, lousy parenting, easy access to media and light punishments are some of the reasons for the increase in the youth crime rate. Governments, parents and teachers and the law all have an equal part to play in convicting, counselling and guiding these young lives in order to ensure a safe and brighter future for the younger generation.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Levels Of Youth Crime Are Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about growing crime rate
- IELTS essay: Why is the crime rate increasing?
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Rising Crime Rates
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- In Many Cities Video Cameras Are Used In Public Places To Reduce Crime | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Has Been An Increase In The Number Of Children Committing Crime | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Crime rate among teenagers is on the rise: Essays written by students with suggested corrections
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment