A friend of yours is going on a holiday and has asked you to recommend a destination. Write a letter to your friend and
- Recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before.
- Say where you went, where you stayed,
- what you can do there and what the food was like.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I received your letter yesterday. I am glad to hear that you have at last decided to take a vacation. You deserve it. By the way, in my opinion, Perth in Australia is a great place for a memorable holiday.
I visited Perth in December, last year. The temperature was very low and the skies were very clear when I landed there. I stayed in a hotel called Marriot in downtown Perth. The hotel is near the city centre railway station and there are lots of public buses to move around.
There are many attractions in Perth. The Perth zoo is very close to the hotel and free transport is available from the hotel every morning. On top of that, the botanical garden which is one of the main attractions is just a walking distance away from the hotel.
Food will be another highlight of your trip. You can enjoy a variety of foods in Perth. There are lots of restaurants and food courts on the Wilson Street, which is 1 km away from the hotel. The biriyani from the Taj hotel is worth the money.
I hope you like my suggestion. Remember to send me some photos of your visit.
- Band 8 letter sample
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | An English Speaking Friend Wants To Spend A Holiday In Your Region
- Letter To Friend About Wallet Left At Their Place | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Who Wants To Know About Your College
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You stayed with your friend and by mistake carried home one of his objects