You read in a newspaper article about a friend you have not met in a long time. Send a letter to the editor. In your letter:
- Ask about your friend and write details about the article written in newspaper
- Explain why you would like to contact and
- State how the editor can help you?
Here is model letter on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS letter sample
This is with reference to your article about Mr. Mohammed who won your award for the best community member this month. He is an old friend of mine and I was delighted to hear that he was chosen for this coveted award. It is good to know that your newspaper recognises the selfless work of people and honours them with an award. I am sure this award and the article will be an inspiration for countless others and they will also come forward to contribute to their community.
Mohammed and I have known each other since our school days. Although we have lived in different cities after we finished school, there are days when I miss him badly. He was my best buddy and I still remember with fondness the good old days we had spent together at school. It’s been ages since we last spoke because I no longer have his contact information with me. I had saved his number on my phone but after I lost it, it became impossible to contact him.
Today, I was incredibly happy to read an article about him in your newspaper and I felt that I should contact him immediately by obtaining his contact number from you. I am hopeful that your reporter has his address and phone number. I request you to help me out by sharing his number with me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Newspaper Editor About A Restaurant You Visited
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Who Wants To Learn To Drive
- Letter To A Friend Seeking Help In Finding Accommodation | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Speaking part 2 | Talk about an article you read in the newspaper
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Your Local Newspaper Published An Advertisement Asking People To Help With Protecting The Environment | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample