You have spent a week with your friend on a holiday. When you got home, you realized that you had left your wallet there
Write a letter to you friend. In your letter
- thank your friend for the holiday
- explain that you left your wallet in their house
- give them instructions of how to send it back to you
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Thank you so much for the great weekend. I really enjoyed every moment of the holiday I spent with you and your family. By the way, I’m writing to ask if you could do me a favour. I left my purse in your house during my recent holiday trip.
I had a great time in London, last week. It was my dream to visit The Buckingham palace and to ride on the London’s eye wheel. I should say my dream was fulfilled only because of you.
As you know, during the last day of my trip we got struck in the traffic and reached home late. I packed my luggage in a hurry before you dropped me off at the airport. I guess that I left my wallet in the cupboard of the room, where I stayed.
It’d be so kind of you, if you could search for and send my wallet through the post to the address on the envelope.
Please feel free to write back to me, if you have any questions.
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You stayed with your friend and by mistake carried home one of his objects
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour