Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education. Do you agree or disagree? Give reason for your answer. And include any relevant experience from your own knowledge.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS Essay sample
The objective of education is to ensure the all round development of children. Since team sports improve their physical fitness, team spirit and communication and social skills, I agree with the argument that they should be a part of a child’s education.
When children play a team sport, they learn many valuable skills that will stand them in good stead. For example, they learn to work with a common objective. They learn to share and put the interests of the group above theirs. For example, in a game of football not everybody can score a goal. Most teams will typically have only two or three strikers but the entire team has to work with one objective to help those strikers score the goals that win the match. Thus when children play a game like football they learn that everybody has to work together to achieve common goals. Needless to say, kids who grow up playing team sports will be excellent team players at the workplace. This quality is particularly important in this age where winning is all about collaborating. In addition, team players are also less likely to be self-centered.
Another advantage of playing a sport is that it enables children to accept success and defeat gracefully. If sports are part of education, all children will get an opportunity to play. Otherwise, they may only focus on academics and thus fail to enjoy the benefits of team sports.
To conclude, considering all the above points, it is not hard to see that children who play a team game are much more likely to enjoy better physical and emotional well-being than children who do not play any team sports. Hence I fully agree with the argument that team sports should be a part of education.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS Speaking Part II | Describe a toy you used to play with as a child
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample