Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Children are the tender buds of the society and they should be nurtured with great care. According to some people, kids’ education is incomplete if they are not exposed to team sports. I strongly agree with this thought as through team building games young ones learn numerous essential qualities such as team spirit and self confidence.
Firstly, by participating in any team sport such as football, basketball and cricket children learn to be part of a group. To illustrate, as per a Business Standard survey on Government school kids young ones who are part of any group sport activity are more cooperative, adjusting and good in coordinating than the ones who do not participate in any team sports. Hence, team sports inculcate many values that are vital for the overall development of a kid.
Secondly, juveniles become more confident and sociable by becoming a team player. For instance, during my school days, I was a shy and introvert kid but after becoming a player in the school basketball team, I started interacting with other members which in turn engendered plethora of confidence in me and I became an extrovert. Therefore, team games give exposure to interact with others and to build confidence which improve the personality of a kid in multiple ways.
After analyzing the topic in depth, it is clear that group sports develop team spirit among the children. Moreover, they groom the overall personality of students. Therefore, team sports must be included in young one’s education curriculum for their proper growth and development.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Play A Team Sport With Some Friends | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- Now That Computers Are Used In Education, Some People Think Teachers Do Not Play Any Role In Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Take Part In Organized Group Activities In Their Free Time
- Learning English Is Often Seen As More Important Than Learning Local Languages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skill
- It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample