Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just sent you some photos of your holiday. Write a letter to your friends. In your letter:
- Thank them for the photos and for the holiday
- Explain why you didn’t write earlier
- Invite them to come and stay with you
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get expert guidance now.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Chris and Steffi,
I just received the photographs of our last vacation which I had spent with you in your home country France. It is one of my favourite countries and I have always dreamed of travelling to this beautiful place.
I would like to thank you for organizing such a wonderful trip and allowing me to stay at your home, and sending me the beautiful photographs. All the photos are amazing, and we all look absolutely stunning in those photos.
I am sorry I could not write to you earlier as after coming from holidays, I was swamped with my work-related emails which I needed to respond to and finish pending tasks.
There are a few bank holidays next month and I will definitely have enough time for myself. I would like you to come over to my home and stay with me. It would be a lovely get together and we all will have a great fun.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Letter to Foreign Friends
- IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To Friends For Holiday At Their Place
- You Have Arranged A Weekend Holiday With A Group Of Friends| Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Letter To Your Friend Suggesting A Good Place For Holiday | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Organized To Go On Holiday With Your Friend | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel And An Employee Was Very Helpful | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You stayed with your friend and by mistake carried home one of his objects
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections