Large Businesses Have Big Budgets And Hence People Buy Their Products | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Large businesses have big budgets for marketing and promotion and as a result, people gravitate towards buying their products. What problem does this cause? What could be done to encourage people to buy local products?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to globalisation, multinational conglomerates have entered the local markets. They have huge marketing budgets to promote their products and attract buyers. Unfortunately, the aggressive marketing strategies employed by big conglomerates lead to the demise of local shops. However, local store owners can counter this attack by improving the quality of their products and offering personalised services.
Global business giants now have their outlets even in small villages. Since they offer huge discounts on most products, they can easily attract buyers. At first glance, this may seem beneficial for the customers but it really is not. The presence of international retailers in the local market hurts local businesses and thus the local economy. For example, many local artisans have lost their livelihood because their products have no buyers. Instead of buying their handmade products, people now prefer to buy the factory made goods that look more attractive. If local people lose their livelihood, eventually the purchasing power of the local community will diminish.
The only way for local businesses to compete with international giants is to offer personalised services. While it is true that local traders cannot offer the kind of discounts or offers that multinational giants offer, they know their customers better. It is also possible for them to understand the exact needs of their target group. This knowledge actually puts them in a better position to cater to the specific needs of their buyers. In addition to this, the local businessmen should try to improve the quality of their products. This is essential to ensure that their customers will return. The government also needs to intervene and prevent multinational giants from entering certain sectors.
To conclude, when international companies woo local customers with great discounts and offers, the local economy suffers the most. However, local businessmen can overcome this threat by offering customized solutions to their buyers.
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample
- PTE Academic Essay | Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products?
- IELTS speaking part 2: Describe a product you recently bought
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of globalisation
- Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample about international marketing
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- The free movement of goods across national borders has long been a controversial issue | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Scientists predict that all people will choose to talk the same global language in the future | Band 9 IELTS essay sample