The table below gives information about languages with the most native speakers. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 Academic IELTS report on this topic. Need help with Academic IELTS writing? Get your task 1 reports and task 2 essays corrected by me.
Band 8 Academic IELTS report
The table gives information about languages that have the highest number of native speakers and also the number of people who speak these languages as an additional language. Overall, Mandarin Chinese has the maximum number of speakers followed by English, Hindi and Spanish. Languages with the fewest speakers are Portuguese followed by Arabic. In terms of native speakers, Mandarin Chinese has 900 million native speakers and stands distinctly ahead of other languages in terms of native speakers. Hindi is a distant second at 370 million, followed by Spanish, English, Arabic and Portuguese at 350, 339, 206 and 203 million respectively. All languages except English have more native speakers than non-native speakers. There are 603 million people who use English as a second language compared to the 339 million who have English as their native language. Non native Chinese speaking population is far behind at 190 million. Hindi, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese is spoken as a second language by 120, 70, 24 and 10 million respectively.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Number Of Trips Made By Children In One Country | Band 7 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Useless To Learn Another Foreign Language Before English
- Population Growth In India And China | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Oil Production Capacity Of Six Countries | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Can we allow languages to die?
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Road Access To City Hospital | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?