Labour-Saving Devices Make Our Lives Easier | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Labour-saving devices such as dishwashers and communication tools such as computers are supposed to make our lives easier. However, some people argue that these devices only make them more difficulty. Does modern technology reduce or increase stress?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Automation is the driving force of human lives. Labour-saving machines like dishwashers and telephones have not only made lives easier but also played a pivotal role in reducing stress. This essay will discuss how modern technology is a boon to mankind and reduces stress in our daily lives.
Some people argue that modern day devices make their lives stressful due to the time involved in understanding their functionality. However, it is worth noting that all these devices come with instruction manuals to guide the users and to enable them to use these devices to their maximum capability. For instance, washing machines save time by washing the entire pile of clothes at once, thus saving hours of labour involved in washing clothes with hands. In fact, this enables the user to concentrate on other important tasks that need individualistic attention.
It is often believed that advanced machines are expensive and increase financial difficulties, thus making lives stressful. However, it is important to understand that once we have made the initial payment, we can use them for years. For example, although mobiles are expensive to buy, the convenience it lends in terms of communication with loved ones surely overshadows the pricing factor. Perhaps, with the evolution in technology, companies are coming up with cheaper substitutes, with a view to make technology accessible to everyone.
In a nut-shell, this essay discussed how labour-saving machines are a boon to mankind and how they make our lives less stressful. In my opinion, there are no qualms about the fact that machines save time and offer rich benefits in comparison to the price we pay for them and thus reduce the stress in our lives.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Work Is Being Carried Out By Machines In All Areas Of Our Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Work Is Being Carried Out By Machines In All Areas Of Our Lives | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- Should Governments Spend Public Money On Saving Languages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Has technology made us more efficient?
- It Is Predicted That Robots Are Going To Become Increasingly Important In Our Lives | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the causes of stress