It Is The Job Of Governments And Companies To Deal With The Huge Environmental Problems Which We Face | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
‘It is the job of governments and companies to deal with the huge environmental problems which we face. Individuals on their own can do little or nothing’. What is your opinion about this statement?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is a common belief that dealing with the environmental issues is the responsibility of the governments or industries. I think it is also every individual’s responsibility to save the environment.
Undoubtedly, a government has the resources and means to protect the surroundings; however, it is very challenging for any government to manage it everywhere as it also needs to focus on many other important issues such as health, education and security. Moreover, industries can adopt the practices which are environment friendly such as using solar energy rather than fossil fuels for their manufacturing. Many companies have already adopted such sustainable and eco-friendly approaches in many countries. Nevertheless, I believe every individual should contribute their bit to safeguard the environment as it will be a huge help to the government and to the environment. Firstly, reducing the amount of waste thrown into the surrounding will be hugely beneficial as waste is considered to be one of the biggest threats to the surroundings. Very recently, it was published in a renounced magazine that every year many countries invest a gigantic amount of money for removing the rubbish from rivers, lakes and seas. If people properly dispose of the rubbish, it will not only reduce the financial burden on the government but also clean the surroundings.
Secondly, one can contribute through planting trees. Many countries’ governments are supporting and encouraging their citizens to plant trees to reduce the effects of global warming. Millions of trees are cut down every year, and because of that many countries are facing change in their weather conditions. Plantation is one of the solutions which can reduce environment-related threats. For instance, a village in the southern part of India started facing change in the weather conditions as forests near to that area were completely destroyed for residential and industrial purposes. As a result, they were not getting rains on time and there was a sudden increase in temperature. Later, the villagers started planting trees and there was a significant reduction in the temperature observed over a period of time. Hence, such an activity by an individual will be a great contribution to the environment.
To conclude, in my opinion, people should not completely rely on the government or some companies to deal with the environmental challenges. It is the responsibility of every individual to protect the environment by making some small efforts such as reducing the waste and planting of trees.
- Governments And Companies Should Work Together To Reverse Environmental Damage | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Governments Should Focus On Reducing Environmental Pollution and Housing Problems To Help People Prevent Illness And Disease | Band 9 Essay Sample
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- Environmental Pollution Must Be Tackled At The International Level | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Eventually Technology Will Solve The Most Important Environmental Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Cost Of Fuel Is The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample