It is sometimes thought that people who travel outside of their own country are more tolerant and understanding of others | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is sometimes thought that people who travel outside of their own country are more tolerant and understanding of others. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that people who visit foreign countries are more open to differences and they are able to understand others in a better way. I strongly agree with this statement because of the reasons which will be discussed in this essay.
It is scientifically proven that the interaction with people of different cultures can affect one’s personality to a great extent. When people go to foreign countries, they have to face unfamiliar situations. Living in such unfamiliar situations makes people more adaptable to different circumstances. Thus they will become more tolerant of change/difference. This personality trait will help them to take more risks and accept changes in the future. As these kinds of people are more exposed to different lifestyles, customs and food habits, they understand others better.
By contrast, people who are not exposed to different cultures will be more narrow-minded than people who travel overseas frequently. It is difficult for them to adapt to unfamiliar situations compared to people who travelled and got exposed to different cultures. This is evident among uneducated people living in rural areas. They do not have much exposure to the outside world. They are very comfortable with their locality and they follow only traditional way of life. It is very difficult for them to embrace change. And also, it is difficult for them to understand and accept people who follow a different lifestyle.
In conclusion, people who are exposed to different cultures and practices are more open to different situations. They are tolerant and venture into new avenues with an open mind and they understand people better than people who do not travel much.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | People Who Have Traveled Abroad Are More Tolerant
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To Learn About Other Countries It Is Important To Travel To Them
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country
- Band 7 essay sample | People are traveling more than ever
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Air Travel And Air Pollution
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Better For Children To Learn A Foreign Language At A Young Age
- IELTS Cue Card | Describe the perfect job | Travel writer
- Band 7 IELTS Report Sample | Travel To And From UK