It Is Important For Children To Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong From An Early Age | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. What sort of punishment should parents and teachers be allowed to use to teach good behaviour to children?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people argue that it is essential for children to learn moral values from an early age and punishment is the best way to teach this. This essay totally agrees with that statement because parents’ and teachers’ roles are to guide children into the right path. However, parents should not beat their children and instead, they can use other sorts of punishment.
It is essential to use punishment as one of the learning methods to show children the right path. This is because youngsters will become spoilt if they can do whatever they want and still receive no punishment when they make mistakes. Therefore, parents and teachers should use this way to teach their children valuable lessons and morality. For example, recent research by Oxford University revealed that adults who were punished during their childhood in the correct way are more reliable and ethical compared to their peers because people’s character is built mainly during childhood.
Physical punishment should no longer be used in the modern world. This means that parents and teachers should always be careful about their way of punishment because certain punishment that does not involve beating the children is useful. For example, parents can take away a favorite toy from a child or prevent them from watching TV. There are also some other constructive ways of punishments. For example, nursery schools in Japan ask children to plant trees when they do something wrong. Such punishments are beneficial for the children and the society. After all, the main purpose of the punishment is to teach the child a lesson and not to hurt him physically.
In conclusion, it is vital for young people to learn how to distinguish between good and bad things and avoid doing mistakes and the most effective way to achieve this is to punish them; however, this punishment should not be physical; rather it should be psychological and practical.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- It Is Important For Children To Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong
- Punishment Is Necessary To Help Children Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Punishment Is Necessary To Help Children Learn The Distinction Between Right And Wrong | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In many countries, children are engaged in some kind of labour. Some people regard this completely wrong while others consider it valuable and important for learning and enabling them to be responsible
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- It is often said that children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Children Learn By Observing The Behaviour Of Adults And Copying It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample