It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? What sort of punishment should parents and teachers be allowed to use to teach good behaviour to children?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
During childhood, kids must learn about right and wrong. One way of making them know the difference is to punish them when they do something wrong. In my opinion, I agree that punishments go a long way in shaping a child’s future and keep them in the right path.
The fear of punishment will encourage students to stay away from wrongdoings and hence they will not get into any problems with their friends or teachers. This will make their school life free of issues and confrontations which will eventually make them perform well in school. For example, a kid punished for stealing a pencil from his classmate is unlikely to do that in future because of the embarrassment he faced the last time he did it. When these children grow up into adults they will always strive to do the right thing and they will stay away from the wrong path due to the lessons learned in their childhood. Admittedly, this will make them impart their values to their children also. On the whole, the society will benefit from people like these.
Punishments do not necessarily have to be severe. For example, parents can cancel an outing or refuse to buy a birthday gift for their child. Teachers can give impositions or ask the kid to sit in the class during a physical training period.
In conclusion, children ought to know what is right and what is wrong. Parents and teachers can punish them in order for the children to correct their behaviour. This would build a better society of people who do only right things.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Punishment Is Necessary To Help Children Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong
- Punishment Is Necessary To Help Children Learn The Distinction Between Right And Wrong | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In many countries, children are engaged in some kind of labour. Some people regard this completely wrong while others consider it valuable and important for learning and enabling them to be responsible
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools
- Children Learn By Observing The Behaviour Of Adults And Copying It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample