It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sports or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sportsperson or musician. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people seem to possess amazing prowess right from their birth. It is also stated that a child can be trained to become a successful sportsperson or musician. I believe that some individuals are indeed innately talented but coaching received during childhood can produce astounding results.
The spectacular abilities that some people possess may be attributed to genetics. The ease and consistency with which some people excel especially in the fields of sports and music elucidate that talent is inherited. For example, analysts reveal that Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps’ torso and feet are naturally accentuated to swim effortlessly. In the field of music, there have been numerous success stories of gifted artists. For instance, singer Justin Bieber rose to fame meteorically with his first song and music album.
Notwithstanding that some abilities are inbred, I feel that determination and passion are also necessary. A dexterous child, if not mentored properly, may never take his or her potential to the next level. We also tend to overlook the training that high-fliers receive at a young age. For example, the grueling coaching sessions of Indian tennis star PV Sindhu during her school days make it evident that a pupil’s talent can be created. To cite another example, cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar first scored his century at the age of 16 years and broke several records. He accredits all his accomplishments to his childhood coach.
In conclusion, I suppose that some dexterous individuals are special and naturally gifted. However, proper guidance and mentoring can also transform a child’s eagerness to acquire talent. Dedication and enthusiasm also play an important role.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That With The Help Of Parenting And Child Development Courses Parents Can Improve The Life Of Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That People Should Not Continue To Work Once They Reach The Age Of Retirement | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Schools Should Involve Students In School Management | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That A Good Diet And Exercise Are Not Necessary For A Long Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Schools Do Not Do Enough To Teach Young People About Health | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Watching Movies Is A Waste Of Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample