It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It is generally accepted that exercise is good for children and teenagers. Therefore, physical education and sport should be compulsory for all students in all schools. What do you think?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to a large number of people, exercise is good for young children and teenagers. Hence, schools should make physical education and sports mandatory for all students. In my opinion, I completely agree with this idea of giving importance to physical education and sport in the school curriculum.
To start with, exercise is the key to physical and mental health. It keeps the body of a child active and brings enthusiasm in him to complete other activities during the day. As most of the physical exercises are done in open grounds, they give young people a chance to connect with the nature. In addition, youngsters who play sports on a regular basis learn to accept success and defeat gracefully. These players get to compare their performance with each other and get encouraged to perform better. Team spirit is also one of the major benefits of playing sports which includes team participation.
Moreover, these exercises and sports help children to fight their sedentary lifestyle. For example, a child who has a sports competition next week will practice his skills at home as well. It also encourages the parents to spend their time with their children to train them for the league. This makes the entire family shift towards a healthy lifestyle that consists of regular physical exercise. Introducing exercise in the school timetable helps students to get a break from the exhaustive academic subjects and return to it with renewed interest. A student who is not very strong at academics gets a wonderful opportunity to build her career in sports if these sports are taught at school.
In conclusion, I strongly support the idea of making physical exercise and sports compulsory in primary and secondary learning institutions because sports benefit the overall growth and development of children.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Sports Should Be Compulsory For All Students In All Schools | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Physical Activities Should Be Introduced To School Children On A Regular Basis | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Best Way To Improve Health Is To Do Regular Exercise | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Unpaid Community Service Should Be A Compulsory Part Of High School Programmes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Who Start Learning Earlier Perform Better Later On | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample