It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It is generally accepted that exercise is good for children and teenagers. Therefore, physical education and sport should be compulsory for all students in all schools. What do you think?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Exercise is the key to a healthy lifestyle. Working out is believed to be the most effective way to keep growing children and youngsters healthy. Some people, therefore, propose that physical training and playing outdoor games such as cricket, football, basketball and etc. should be made a compulsory part of the school curriculum. I completely agree with this idea that sport and games should be mandatory in educational institutions.
To begin with, sports help inculcate teamwork among pupils. By participating in different physical activities students will not only have fun but also learn a great deal about coordinating amongst team members. To illustrate, in a game of football, team members cannot play their own game; rather each one should play as a team to win the game. Therefore it is vital for students to participate in such games to have a better understanding of team dynamics.
Furthermore, physical activities such as going to the gym and yoga classes can help adolescents get rid of their sedentary lifestyle. Going out and playing in the open will improve their health whereas staying indoors all the time can make them lethargic. According to a recent study conducted by Cambridge University students who play outdoors enjoy better physical and mental health than those who are glued to their television sets and videogames. Thus it is imperative for youngsters to go out and play to improve their overall health.
To recapitulate, this essay has discussed how physical activities can inculcate a healthy lifestyle in children and the youth. Therefore, I strongly recommend that outdoor activities be made compulsory in educational institutions.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Physical Activities Should Be Introduced To School Children On A Regular Basis | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay