We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, people use computers to perform almost every activity. A lot of predictions are being made about the role of computers in future. People are also suspicious of benefits that come with computers and often wonder whether it is fine to depend on them.
I believe that depending on computers fine and there is no need to be scared of them. The way computers have evolved over the years, it is clear that their capabilities will increase even further in the coming years.
They will be used for space explorations. Humans have physical limitations when it comes to space travel or travelling to other planets. On the other hand, computer driven robots can perform remarkably well in such harsh conditions. Additionally, computers could be used to perform complicated surgeries. They will be able to operate on patients based on the intelligence they would have developed by that time.
Many people are not able to accept the changes that are brought by computers. These changes have made us dependent on computers.
But computers have proved themselves to be much more reliable than humans and therefore, dependence on them can be considered as a positive trend. Computers never make mistakes; they never rest and are significantly faster than humans. All these things make them highly dependable.
In conclusion, in the future the applications of computers will only increase. They may replace teachers in the classroom, doctors in the operation theatre and drivers behind the wheel. They are highly reliable because they do not make mistakes and do not rest. Therefore, depending on computers is a good trend.
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Is it fair to use animals for our benefits?
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Computers Have Changed Our Lives For Good
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: The increasing use of computers and smartphones have affected people’s writing skills
- Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Tasks Are Being Performed by Robots At Home And Work
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample