There will be a traditional celebration in your country and you want to invite your friend from an English-speaking country. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- explain what happens at the party
- describe the tradition and why it is important in your country
- say why it is important for your friend to be there
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I’m writing to invite you to be my guest on the biggest festival of India, Diwali, this year. Diwali is a special day for Indians. On the day of Diwali, people decorate their houses with glittering bulbs, do traditional paintings on the floor in their backyard with special colours and visit their friends and relatives to wish a prosperous new year, as according to the Indian culture, this day is the last day of the Indian calendar year.
It’s the most incredibly popular and important festival in my country, as there’s a folklore that Lord Rama returned to his palace on this day after 14 years in exile. People, therefore, have a tradition of celebrating this day with great joy and love.
I know you are a lover of art and culture. Why don’t you come this November end and enjoy the festivities with us? I am sure you’ll be blown away by witnessing the celebration!
I hope you can make it this time and be part of our celebrations.
- Band 7 letter sample | Invite a friend to your wedding
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Invite A Friend To Give A Presentation
- You Went To A Theatre With A Friend. Your Friend Had An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples