International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in five countries.
Here is a band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
The line graph illustrates the number of tourists who arrived in different regions of the world over a 15-year period from 1990 to 2005. Their number is given in millions.
Overall, North America had the highest number of tourists throughout the period given followed by central and Eastern Europe. South America remained the least popular tourist destination amongst all regions during the reported period. Also, the number of tourists increased considerably in all regions over the years.
In 1990, North America had around 70 million tourists and this number rose steadily and reached around 85 million by 2000. There was only a moderate increase in tourist arrivals over the next five years and North America received about 90 million tourists in 2005. Afterwards, there was a slight decrease in tourist arrivals. Central and Eastern Europe registered the highest gain in the number of tourists over the given period. While these regions got only about 30 million tourists in 1990, that figure rose to almost 90 million by 2005. South East Asia remained 3rd on the list, with 20 million tourists in 1990. They received almost 50 million tourists in 2005.
By contrast, the number of tourists in Sub Saharan Africa and South America were just under 10 million in 1990. In both regions, there was a steady increase in the arrival of tourists. However, there was no dramatic increase and by 2005 Sub Saharan Africa received around 20 million tourists and South America received around 18 million international tourists.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Causes Of Land Degradation | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- Band 7 IELTS Report Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Report Sample | Travel To And From UK
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report On Changes In An Island
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Band 8 report about average house prices in various cities